View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 12:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
stag3
Base Member

Drives: 2008 mazdaspeed 3
stag3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtVandaleigh View Post
Oh boy here comes the mazdaspeed 3 crowd. I've owned an 04 S2K and they are fantastic cars, just unfortunately lack overall grunt (30-40 hp more and i'd be content). A good friend owned a mazdaspeed 3 for about 2 years and liked it, but the fit and finish was very cheap. The motor was nice I must say, but the tranny was junk and once you start modding or upping the boost, the FWD is worthless. He went to a 09 STI and was glad he made the change, even for a Subaru it was a substantial step up in quality.
i liked the sti, but even with 0% and 8k off msrp, i didnt think that was worth the $ for me to upgrade from an ms3. it felt really soft. the evo on the other hand, altho the interior is a step down from an ms3, felt like it wanted to go.

but i agree the sti interior is really nice.

the thing with the s2k is it's a convertible, that would be the only reason i would want one. even at 28k for a new cR, i couldn't pull the trigger and that was 8k off msrp. the Z however, i got quoted close to 3k off msrp and im close to pulling that trigger if i like the driving feel.

like i said before i have no issues keeping my ms3, for what it is, it's a great daily that can haul stuff around quickly.

quick question tho, i know you can fit golf clubs in a 370z, but will 2 sets of golf clubs fit in there?
stag3 is offline   Reply With Quote