View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #25 (permalink)
mook
Base Member

Drives: 07 BMW M Coupe
mook is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by stag3 View Post
i currently own a ms3 gt
it is a blast to drive, but i do wish mazda put the ms6 awd system in it.

the main reason i want the Z is for rwd. i used to have an mr2 turbo and that is the car i miss the most out of all the cars iv'e owned.

i have also driven the s2k and hands down that was the most fun car i've driven, handling wise, since it's like a big go kart. i thought about buying one, even considered a cR, but after driving the ms3 for a year and a half now, the s2k felt so slow, almost civic like. i know its a hair quicker than a ms3 but w/o the torque, my brain can't compute lol.

i'm reading a lot of reviews that say the Z is the perfect car @ ~30k
i'm hoping the "its heavy and you know it" feeling doesn't come. but if it does
i'll just keep my ms3.
Seems like we are more or less in the same boat and have similar experience and taste in cars - I could have written all of that above myself. Please post a review once you get your hands on a Z.
After I found out that drifting in an older Cayman is going to suck compared to what I am used to with S2000, I am actually considering giving Z another look. Of course, could look for an S2000, but I really want a hard top this time. When the moderate weather comes, I just ride my motorbike or the scooter and don't even look at my car.

Either that or wait another 2 years behind the wheel of MS3 (not such a horrible fate after all =) until I can afford an 09 Cayman S with LSD

Oh, by the way I heard that Evo IX is actually more fun to drive than the X - never tried it myself, it's a bit on the heavy side for me.

Last edited by mook; 08-03-2009 at 10:34 AM.
mook is offline   Reply With Quote