View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
andre12031948
Banned

Drives: 08 350z black 6m/t
andre12031948 has a spectacular aura aboutandre12031948 has a spectacular aura aboutandre12031948 has a spectacular aura about
Default Hi, I'm glad you're doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnaut View Post
Andre, good project. I sold my Z as well and now im buying a CTS-V with the LSA motor. I would only assume the the ecu's and clusters are wasted as for the harness it will be fine since its fresh water. Since you flushed the trans no issues there , dont forget the diff. As for the engine pulls the spark plugs and crank the engine over to make sure no water is in the combustion chamber. after that put a little auto trans fluid down the spark plug holes and crank it over as it will coat everything and keep it from forming surface rust. Was it running when it went under water?
Ye, I did all that. You don't think I would try to compress water The engine & all that, I'm sure is in fine shape. I'll either sell all, or save it for a blown engine 07/08 Z. After all, the engine is strong, trans. & clutch are new(400miles) & an 11lb. alum. fly wheel, plus test pipes & full exhaust.
That's a nice car you're buying. Lux. plus 12 seconds 1/4 mile. My engine with headers, exhaust, & a tune should give me similiar H.P as your car. I guess I can always add a supercharger later. I want to do 11.5 bracket racing. It's fun racing a whole bunch of different cars. I won a couple of trophies with a broken 2nd. gear trans. At some of the big import meets, I can have 70/80 cars in one class. Racing against them & winning is much more fun then just time runs.
nice to hear from you
andre12031948 is offline   Reply With Quote