View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
ww77
Base Member

Drives: On the Autobahn
ww77 is on a distinguished road
Default Euro tour, must drive roadz, any interest??

Using Google maps I have made a route that runs through Germany, France, Italy and Sweden. It hits 6 of the "Must drive" roads in the world as well as the Porsche Museum and the Nurburgring. The total drive time going by Google is about 24 hours total. (That is before I decided we should end at the ring, add 3hours for that leg) I know the trip will not be cheap, but there are many who would die to have this chance. I am posting this just to see who may be interested. I would like to run this like some type of "Gumball" style drive. Minus the awards and super logistical plan for now. Just want to get a bunch of car guys out and rip through Europe. More planning to come-- stops and timeline. If interest is high I will construct a timeline so guys can meet up at certain points. Thinking about spring. Still working intel on my proposed stop areas and weather situation in the passes. I will be doing this trip one way or another. Got some Golf guys that want to and a few Mini dudes, supposedly. Looking for Z interest.
This map was started from my town. Again I am still planning this so things will change and there may be things that I could add that I don't know about since I am not familiar with any of this route. Suggestions are welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2011-10-15 at 5.38.52 PM.jpg (81.8 KB, 14 views)
ww77 is offline   Reply With Quote