View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 08:32 AM   #21 (permalink)
need4speed
Base Member

Drives: 08 altima 3.5se
need4speed is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyz10 View Post
mook what are you talking about on how fast the mazdaspeed gt and s2000 are? I owned both of those cars and the s2000 did not impressed me at all! I don't think it was really that fast! Besides Mazdaspeed GT are for kids...cheap car!!! I don't drive cheap cars...
MazdaSpeed 3's aren't cheap cars and I wouldn't call what he wrote hate. He gave a series of evaluations and he felt the Z was less enjoyable. He's entitled to feel that way.
He brought up some legitamate points but I do not agree with him though.
Obviously his driving style warrants his enjoyment for fwd drive cars.
He pointed out the only value of RWD was rear swinging. Says a lot about his style.
Another good point he mentions. "He says maybe in a year he would have confidence in a Z."I can see him feeling that way. The Z has a blind spot that's only worse in those new camaro's. Its drive-by-wire steering is a next level system and should only be used by seasoned drivers. The RX-8 also has this type of steering system but 232hp 161lbs tq doesn't put so much jolt in your drawz that u will fear losing control.
The s2000 as he said... pre 04 was uncivilized. Those were more like pure race cars then over time they refined them in order to sell better. S2000 sales have always been lackluster though the car is iconic. So honda sold out some of its purity for luxury 05 n up.
He's a novice driver. There's nothing wrong with that and driving enthusiasts should respect it. At least he wants to hone skills with all the right cars.
And the mazdaspeed 3 is a great car. The turbo gives it punch which gives him the "ILLUSION" he's going faster than in a 370z. But remember the 350z n the mazdaspd3 get very similar track times. Near identical. The mazda is no slouch either. We kno it can't best track times of the 370z, but its not alwayz bout track times. Driving style n personal preference will play a big part in wat car u think is best.

You got alota guys buyin the Z that u know belong in sum FWD boy racer cuz they jus don't have the skills. But they r in a Z cuz it looks nice n they wanna impress chix... lol
N wat cracks me up the most is when people say the Z is mature... lol on what planet?
I luv the Z. I'm 2 months short of owning one. But I'm not foolon myself... lol
That fish face front is just as boi ricer racer az the eclipse open mouth front.
Only the Nismo to me has a more mature front fascia while staying true to the Z heritage.
And tho I will admit the Nismo looks more mature. I luv the base/sport better.
See in the end I prefer the immature looking version of the Z. So wat!?
need4speed is offline   Reply With Quote