View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
drarncruz
Base Member

Drives: VW rabbit 2008
drarncruz is on a distinguished road

Bought the clear bra online prior to buying the car for less than $250. Got my car clean from the dealer and few days later applied the clear bra on myself. It took a day but well worth it. Next day I applied a fresh coat of wax on the car and clear bra. Now driving on the highway with bug splats on the clear bra - I have no worries. I use a quick detailer spray from Maguire's and the bug stains are gone. Amazing! My suggestion is to get the clear bra. With regards to paint chips, I have not seen any. The clear bra does protect the paint but you won't see any injury to the paint unless you remove the clear bra. They recommend the life span of the clear bra is 5 years. by that time the newer Z will be out and you won't have to worry about the paint chips. Just trade in your old Z for a new one and buy the clear bra before you buy the new Z and problems solved. If you are worried about paint chips from rocks, don't drive so close to cars or buy a carbon fiber bumper so it can withstands the rocks. Road injury is unavoidable and it will happen - just like taxes. Clear bras definitely help but i've learned nothing in this world is a 100% except death, oh yeah and taxes. Good luck
drarncruz is offline   Reply With Quote