View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 11:40 PM   #100 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
That is my plan. I knew I would not stay where I am now, and I was depressed. I went to work, came home to my 500sq-foot apartment, went shooting, surfed the internet, pumped iron. I did all that crap before I graduated college and love it, but I wanted something TANGIBLE to remind me of the fact that I have a job other than the work and helping people.

The Z06 was it. I love it, and would buy it again in a heartbeat. It makes those 12 hour shifts worth it when the patients obviously don't care about their health, and everything seems to "go wrong". I love helping people, but when they don't want to be helped--it's just about money at that point.

I think the 370Z will afford me a helluva fun time and still allow me to buy a house. Plan is to move, finance some land, pay it off in 3-4 years, and then apply it as collateral for a home loan. By then I will know whether or not that is a permanent location for me. If not, sell the land and start over. It will have appreciated.

I really hope Nissan puts a bit more oomph in the 370Z by the time I buy, but the Camaro is a pig, the mustang doesn't appeal to me although I respect it greatly, the 'vette is a bit more note than I want while saving for a home, and the Genesis,STI,EVO just don't do it for me. The 370Z finally got an oil cooler and I always liked the looks of it inside and out and when I drove a few the ride was soft (compared to my Z06) yet the car felt pretty well planted.
I doubt we'll see any significant improvements HP wise until the Z35 chassis comes out (most likely around 2014-15ish) but it's still a fun car to tool around in regardless.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote