View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 10:47 PM   #50 (permalink)
KillerBee370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with passion
KillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
Porsche is much much better engineered car. The new 991 Carrera S is lighter than previous model. It iwas as fast as 997 GT3 around nurburgring. That's with a smaller motor!

The GTR is a much bigger car and while it may have better acceleration the 991 is much more agile car. Tough to compare the two. 991 is way more car than the Z could ever hope to be.

Porsche prices reflect limited production model. they charge what they can to make set number of cars. They aren't interested in being cost competitive. They still offer very compelling car that is in demand. It's not just the name. If I could justify $100k for a car 991 would be on my shopping list.

Interesting thing is Porsche makes all that performance without large displacement or blowers. It does it with litte 3.4 and 3.6 liter motors that I'm sure results in great mpg.

That Porsche 3.6 in the 991 CS is smaller than our Z motor and makes 50 more hp than a Nismo with a 3.7. the Porsche also loses a lot less power in their drive trains than our Z's. You'd have to make 425 hp to match Porsche. And don't even start on rear traction advantage Porsche has. Then look at porsche PDK tranny it's way cool. Porsche is all about efficient design.
Let me see if I understood you... Porsche FTMFW? lol
KillerBee370 is offline   Reply With Quote