View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 07:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
mjg
Base Member

Drives: 13' GT 500
mjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant futuremjg has a brilliant future

Driven a bunch of Porsche Carreras. They are fun cars, the sound of the engine behind you rumbling is great, and the feel of driving a go cart, that's refined, awesome vehicle. They are my favorite convertible, and I would have no problem having one as a DD.

Even so -- I don't want one. I see why people like them. It's fair to wonder why people like them more, but have you driven one? As people keep saying, value is subjective, and a Z and a Porsche may be comparable in some respects, but are apples and oranges.

There was a similar thread to this not so long ago, a guy who wanted to snatch up and older whale back Porsche, the guy had his mind made up, and it was a huge argument about why he was "trading down". I prefer a modern car, and love the 370 Z. To each their own... The cost of a Porsche is as irrelevant as the performance numbers when you compare them side by side.
mjg is offline   Reply With Quote