View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 01:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Footloose301
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th
Footloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud ofFootloose301 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone View Post
Sorry for the noob question. I tried to email the folks at fast intentions, but I never got a reply. Do the resonators quiet the exhaust? is that their only function? To be more specific, I'm talkig about the CBE alone, no HFC. I would like to get the system, because from what I've read they come highly recommended, but I don't want to get any evil stares from my nieghbors.
The non-resonated vs resonated comes to down to pitch imho. Theres 3 of us with FI exhausts at our local weekly meets.

I have the 18" carbon fiber FI exhaust with Motordyne ART pipes. The note is VERY deep and ZERO rasp, almost V8 sounding and I love it.

Another guy has the same catback with resonated test pipes and his is almost as deep and it has twice as much hiss on deceleration, and no rasp.

Another member has the NON Resonated carbon fiber verison with STOCK cats and his is just as loud as mine(I don't think it's any louder than mine), not nearly as deep sounding, and has some rasp.

The resonators don't do much to quiet it down at all(in my opinion). My exhaust still is very loud. Much much much louder than the HKS I had on the car last week.