View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #29 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W_Evader View Post
LOL Your all full of good ideas! Floor it at 1.5k and disconecting the electronic throttle control on a drive by wire car. Only a guy who has "The Bright One" on his avatar could think of such unique ideas!
I think I got your sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar
Yeah, in general (not just our car, all modern drive-by-wire cars) the pedal is taken as "human intent" to the ECU, and the ECU controls throttle based on a wide variety of factors. The throttle map we have definitely does something, but obviously we lack full control without VVEL tables as well.

If you want to experiment, you can completely disable Electronic Throttle Control. At the bottom of the list of editable stuff in the UpRev Rom Editor, there's an "ETC: On/Off" setting. I've set it to off before, and when you do that the car very literally maps 1:1 between the gas pedal and the "throttle" (although still, I imagine it's more VVEL than the manifold butterfly).

Throttle response with ETC Off is awesome, the problem is it kills a lot of other functionality on the car too. You'll lose cruise control (who cares), you probably lose the (safer) Throttle Rev Limit, having to just rely on the fuel cut rev limit, and most importantly you lose Synchro-Rev-Match.

On a track 6MT car, for someone who disables SRM to heel-toe anyways, ETC Off might actually be a viable option. On my 7AT it's a no-go though, the transmission can't execute downshifts properly without its own equivalent of SRM.