View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 09:42 AM   #181 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapoZalsa View Post
Because if you have a good insurance company they willl take care of you, they know the coverage for a financed vehicle.

Just one example: I went overseas for 2 yrs, I had a car that still had a lienhold with a FCU. The car was going to be parked and garaged. My insurance company would not let me drop coverage or increase my deductible without the FCU authorization because they knew that a financed vehicle need to meet certain requirements for coverage.

Also anytime that I have changed deductible the insurance has notified the FCU and the FCU has sent me a letter if it doesn't meet the requirements.

That is having a good Insurance company!
Hmmm...I'm not so sure about this. You don't really think their refusal to let you drop coverage was motivated by a benevolent concern for your well-being, do you? Maybe I'm being too cynical, but I'd be more inclined to say that their sole motivation was continuing to receive your money, and your FCU lien requirements simply gave them a justification for saying no to you. I think they were taking care of themselves, and taking care of you just happened to coincide with that.

Last edited by semtex; 10-13-2011 at 10:10 AM.
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote