View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 11:37 PM   #95 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
don't crap on ImportConvert. I have tracked both, a lot. The Z is a hell of lot more squirrely than the vette. Yes, Randy Pobst is a great driver, and he has driven one or two of my friends' Porsches and commented on them at track days. But, has he driven a Z?

I don't discount any pro driver ever. Shields Bergstrom took me out for a 20 minute session in my C6 at VIR and while he went about 30 mph faster than me everywhere, he inspired me to pick up 10 on my own.

Just saying, the vette is a lot more stable than the Z. That doesnt mean its more fun or quicker. I get almost the same lap times as I did when I had 540 rwhp in my supercharged C6.

Also not saying the C6 is a bad car, the Z just communicates with me a lot better.
If I drive a 370Z like I drive my Z06, am I going to find myself in a ditch?

It's just the more I drive my Z06, the more I realize that 505hp is badass and fun, but it's going to eventually get me into more trouble than razor-edged handling will, and I would like to re-allocate my cash-flow in the next 2 years.

I'm sure when I get whatever I get, I will miss it, lol. Grass is greener...

The 370Z will give me 90% of the fun my Z06 does at only 50% of the cost, is the way I am seeing it now.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 10-12-2011 at 11:40 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote