View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 04:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
TypeOne
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: BSM 370
TypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TypeOne

According to my sources at Honda.. they ARE developing a new supercar. (Actually, when I asked the question, I didn't get a NO) Whether it will be called an "NSX" or not, remains to be noted. It's also worth mentioning that Honda has released that the car in that new movie was built specifically for the movie and it doesn't reflect the actual car they are developing.

To my understanding, the project was canceled when the economy went south, which is one of the reasons Honda pulled out of F1. However, since they have used their resources in the proper places, (developing hybrid and green cars) they are working on a new supercar. I wouldn't doubt it if is some sort of hybrid itself.

Also, a past issue of MotorTrend magazine noted that there were rumors coming from Acura that they are set to release another sports coupe (similar to the Civic Si) as well as a convertible model. It will all remain to be seen, but I don't think it's ALL a pointless product campaign.

;-)
TypeOne is offline   Reply With Quote