View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #89 (permalink)
HKYStormFront
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 Frontier SE 6spd
HKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to HKYStormFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisuke149 View Post
in the old days that would be true. But technology is advancing.

Suspension systems/design. Rubber compounds for tires. Traction / laucnh controls.

Just because you have 450hp doesnt mean your using it all the time. For any vehicle on the track there are always situations where you have more power than is needed thus you feather the throttle etc etc. Would be no different here.

More HP doesnt mean larger brakes. Heavier car = bigger brakes.

Braking is relative to speed/weight etc. A car with 200hp can do 100mph as can a car with 300hp or 400hp etc.

ohh i wouldnt want the standard car at 450. Im talking a 450hp ish version. my idea is that it should be via FI thus looking at the expensive model.

base model should be good around what the current Z is.

Now granted a good sports car should have larger brakes regarless. But it doesn thave to be ridiculously large.
i see what you are saying. i thought you meant the next Z should have somewhere near 450hp starting out, my mistake

also, the idea of a rear mounted trans is really cool but not really needed at this time. the Z34 is pretty close to a 50/50 weight balance. most of the weight at the front is behind the front wheels and the majority of the weight in the back of the car is focused near the rear axle so i don't think they can justify the extra cost of making a transaxle vs using the traditional transmission and differential setup that it currently has.