View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #87 (permalink)
daisuke149
My *** is famous!

Drives: 2013 Boss 302 PW
daisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond reputedaisuke149 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to daisuke149

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKYStormFront View Post
450hp? that would surprise me. the Z is a RWD car. would that be cool? absolutely. there aren't many cars that can put that kind of power down in two wheel drive adequately. perhaps the new camaro and mustang (though they are a bit heavier). 450hp (assuming the 7500rpm redline remains) would mean a torque peak between 375 and 400 ft lbs at the crank. while i'm sure it's possible, it may not be A) reliable or B) feasible from a both production and ownership standpoint. having 450hp would mean the car would need larger brakes. larger brakes usually means larger wheels. the wheels would need to be wider and tires would also need to get even wider too. the cost of all of those things would not only drive the cost to purchase up but also make ownership more expensive (ie the GTR). a track focused performance model (like the Boss 302 and ZL1) can justify that extra cost so maybe the next nismo will get that kind of performance. but for the bog standard car, i doubt anything close to 450hp will be there.
in the old days that would be true. But technology is advancing.

Suspension systems/design. Rubber compounds for tires. Traction / laucnh controls.

Just because you have 450hp doesnt mean your using it all the time. For any vehicle on the track there are always situations where you have more power than is needed thus you feather the throttle etc etc. Would be no different here.

More HP doesnt mean larger brakes. Heavier car = bigger brakes.

Braking is relative to speed/weight etc. A car with 200hp can do 100mph as can a car with 300hp or 400hp etc.

ohh i wouldnt want the standard car at 450. Im talking a 450hp ish version. my idea is that it should be via FI thus looking at the expensive model.

base model should be good around what the current Z is.

Now granted a good sports car should have larger brakes regarless. But it doesn thave to be ridiculously large.
daisuke149 is offline   Reply With Quote