View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #83 (permalink)
Isamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: every day...
Isamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisuke149 View Post
im not gonna read the whole thread

but i honestly think that a FI version would be nice.

Part of my assumption for them so drastically raising the GTR HP each year is to create distance for when the next Z comes out.

Plus, having a transmission in the back is actually something I like and would prefer them to do, giving them more room in the engine back, better balance and dynamics.

As much as we also want to think that staying NA and letting other companies is the easy way out, its not when they want to reach some of the new strict Emissions and MPG standards. FI is the way to go to achieve those. Of course could not do it in the Z and let the other cars bring their averages up.

I would prefer a non FI option around 28k starting, an FI option around 40k starting. the 12 diff is more than enough for them to still make it worth while.

They could use the same block, structure and transmission housings, etc

Maybe just tweak the internals and head work for the FI and then of course all the other necessary components. And it would still make them a profit.

All in all if the next Z isnt in the 450 range its not my next car.

黒子 ('Kuroko')
Project: SuperNova Owner/Operator and Lead designer @BlackGuard Aeroworks
Isamu is offline   Reply With Quote