View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 03:51 PM   #78 (permalink)
Isamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: every day...
Isamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKYStormFront View Post
making the Z forced induction would raise the price significantly, figure somewhere between the $50-60k range, especially with a big robust hunk of aluminum like the VR38 block. also keep in mind the VR block was specifically developed to be in the GTR and was never intended to be bolted to a transmission (the GTR's is in the back of the car). the Z powertrain is relatively inexpensive and easy to repair. why was the Z32 "not feasible" to go forced induction? it had an overbuilt chassis with a beefy transmission, engine and axle. it still had it's issues and owners who destroyed components.

the juke w/ the GTR motor is just a pipe dream "can we do it?" test. no way in hell it will ever see the light of day in showrooms
did you read a word I wrote?
I already stated that the Juke R was just a fun thing they were doing. and that it wasn't headed for production.. BUT, perhaps they are doing it for more then a can we... the Juke platform for the next Z? possible.. yes.. likely, probably not.. but perhaps they are seeing what is viable..

I really don't know where you get your numbers from, but adding forced induction doesn't have to raise the price to high 50's low 60's.
especially if they are using technology already in use, and adapting it to a new model. I don't get your why was the z32 not feasable to go FI.. because it was FI.. and it was full of cool stuff like HICAS(which is admittedly garbage... ) I dog my Z32 auto TT and it runs strong, aside from the weak alternator, but its an OEM alt from 91...
my Manual TT is being rebuilt, but there wasn't really anything wrong with it.. just wanted MORE out of it..

黒子 ('Kuroko')
Project: SuperNova Owner/Operator and Lead designer @BlackGuard Aeroworks
Isamu is offline   Reply With Quote