View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #86 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmacist View Post

A lot of guys think they're going fast but if they timed it may be disappointed to find themselves at least 3-4 seconds slower per lap than what a professional driver can do. Being so much off the pace, most cars would be a walk in the park to drive. It's when you try to shave off those 3 or 4 seconds, that's when car handling rears its ugly head and you have to wrestle with the car to avoid crashing.
Yes, right on. It felt like I was going fast as hell (really PUSHING the car!), and I was in a Grand Sport (drove all trim levels while there) and was upset that the ZR1 ahead of me was getting away. I thought *CRAP!* I am not able to keep up. My car needs more power.

Then I realized the instructor leading us was in a stock Camaro SS with PS2's on it and I had not caught him--or the ZR1 following him--yet. It was a very humbling experience and I learned a ton about driving there.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote