View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #85 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
ImportConvert RE: I didn't push it for crap, and You can get 90% of what the car has to offer with EVERYTHING turned on.

If you were at 90% then you did not push it for crap and then mention Randy Pobst fishtailing. Can you explain this incongruence please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, importconvert...the man more skilled than Randy pobst.

Ever wonder if the reason he saw behavior you didn't was because he was driving at the cars limits and you were maybe at 7/10?

Simply put, the dynamics of a car change dramatically as you approach the limit of the car and the track. The dynamics of the z06 at the limits have been a complaint of many...
When did I claim that?

We did have people there who could show Pobst up in a 'vette any day of the week, though. That's why they race the corvette professionally and Pobst does not.

The PS2 tires go a long way toward fixing its nervousness at the limit.

In attendance (instructing) we had at least one pro driver there who raced LeMans and ALMS for GM who DID know how to push the cars. Never once did they experience or whine about experiencing this sensation Pobst talked about. I never once claimed that I PUSHED the car that hard, in fact, as you noted above, I stayed well within my limits, which are far below those of the car, and a lot of why I am considering the 370Z.

Other than in a straight line, now that it has an oil-cooler it will do anything I want it to do. I am hoping by the time I buy, Nissan will have done a little for the straight-line performance, too!

The only reason I listed students in the group who did not complain is that without the skill-set that a professional driver has, several people did things that un-balanced the cars in the corners, myself included at one point. It never stepped out. Very forgiving for a noob.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 10-12-2011 at 10:48 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote