View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 09:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Bonzo
Track Member

Drives: Finally, a 370Z!!!
Bonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond reputeBonzo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzo View Post
When did you place your order? I have a confirmation number but no VIN number yet. It does say on there that production date is 10/11 and eta is 12/11 for me. Although my dealer said, he expected the eta to be moved up. And I haven't heard of Nissan offering a way to track the progress of the car.
My actual order was placed at the end of August, direct though the little known Nissan "backdoor network" at Nissan North America Distribution. I got written order confirmation on August 30th. NNAD told us then that 2012 model production was to start in September, and that my estimated delivery would be sometime in November or early December.

The question with Nissan is, when is the VIN# assigned? When I went through this with Pontiac years ago, an actual VIN# meant that the car was "in the production chain." But I know of other companies that assign the VIN# only after the car is actually built, as in a car for actual sale.

But this sort of jives with what you have. I have a VIN# now, which I'm thinking maybe means my car is built. This also explains why my delivery is scheduled ahead of yours by a few weeks. If my assumptions are correct, my car is 2 - 3 weeks ahead of yours in the schedule. But as I know from previous experiences, this means nothing for ACTUAL delivery.

My dealer, similar to yours, also told me that with a VIN# in hand, he expected the car sooner than the date given. We'll see. Let's all keep our fingers crossed for each other.

Delivered Tuesday November 15, 9:57 am!!!
2012, Auto, White, Sport, Kick Plates
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote