View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 01:08 AM   #79 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I did spring mountain too, and owned a widebody 05 C6. For me, the Z also feels lighter and nimbler, despite being similar sized (370z vs. std C6: C6 is .6" wider and 7" longer in wheelbase and track, and 24 lbs lighter, so they are pretty similar).

In an earlier thread you mentioned the Z06 being stuck to the road or something like that and forgiving, which is true. The Z is not so much without VDC, especially setup like I have mine to be neutral. But that is what I want in a car, something challenging and fun to drive.

However, keep in mind, I only use mine for the track, and mostly used the corvette for the same.

As for interiors, I actually loved the corvette interior. I stepped up from a 350Z to the C6 and it was a great improvement.

370Z VDC is very similar to 350Z. Its very intrusive. Sometimes I think it could get you killed if you try to pull into traffic too fast. I loved the Comp mode on the corvette, I used it all the time on track. I'd never dream of leaving the VDC on in the Z, even in the rain. (which is extremely challenging in the Z)
Thanks! Yes, even with ALL the nannies on in the Z06, it's very well modulated. At no time did it cut in on me at Spring Mountain.

The 370Z sounds like some of my older cars where VDC/TC basically means "If you spin the tires, I'll kill the power, screw you!"

I like the lay-out of the Z06's interior just fine, it's just the crap "leather", the noisy panels (door panel is my main complaint), and the stereo is worse than what is in my 2002 G20 by a long shot.

It's a Cobalt interior in a Supercar.

I didn't buy it for that, though.

What it really boils down to is I have my 500+hp Supercar, it's fun, I love it, now I want land and a house and the power is something I will give up, but not the handling.

In a year or two, I will be pricing the '13 370Z unless the C7 is the same price as the C6 and is out/coming out.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote