View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 12:50 AM   #78 (permalink)
Pharmacist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z Sport 6MT
Pharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I drove the Z06's at Spring mountain and found the car to be VERY forgiving at my skill-level (which means I didn't push it for crap, lol).

I am strongly considering the 370Z in a year or two when I move. Depending on the value of my Z06 and the + equity in it. I could use the extra $$ per month as I plan on buying land and a house, and it sounds like I gain interior, lose power, and break-even on handling.

What's the deal with everyone wrecking their 370Z, though? Noone on the 'vette forums has this problem unless they get T-boned or something by a drunk. You mention the progressive nature of the 370Z's loss of traction, and it makes me wonder what's up.

How does VDC work? Is it anywhere near as good as PTM in the ZR1, or does it compare more to the yaw control in the Z06, or is it worse than both, or better than both, what? I love the nannies in my Z06. I have NEVER FELT them kick in, but I know they have, and that impresses the hell outta me in a 3100# 500+ horsepower car. VERY well managed.
Funny how you say that. Most people say corvettes are very hard to drive and dangerous near the limits. Their rear ends tend to fishtail wildly, partly due to the tremendous torque of the engine.

VDC on the z is not a go fast item, but a safety item. Keeps you from spinning out on the snow or rain. But will ruin your laptimes if you leave it on while lapping. Expect to lose 3-4 seconds a lap.