Thread: 5.0
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 11:57 PM   #1708 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
The Shelby is cool because of the name and the look, but the 5.0 is just hands down the better engine. There was a pretty good article comparing both the 5.4 and 5.0 in one of the dedicated Mustang mags a few months ago... I'll see if I can dig it up when I wake up tomorrow...

I do love the Boss, though. If I just wanted a weekend fun car / track day car I'd be all over the Boss in a heart beat over the standard 5.0 and the current GT500. I can't live without the Premium package (and Sync) on a DD, though.
No argument out of me as to the 5.0 being a better engine. But, if I was wanting an FI'd stang, I'd jsut start with one that came that way from the factory.

The Boss is one helluva car, I'd rock one in a heartbeat except for the fact that my $$ is tied up in my Z, (and my wife is a diehard Z nut as well and strongly dislikes domestics). Even she thinks the Boss is cool tho.

Plus, I am trying to cure my car add so my plan is to keep my Z at least 5-6years or more. This addiction of mine (new car every 12-24 months for the last xx years) has cost me too much $$ that could have gone towards, well I dunno actually, I live a pretty simple lifestyle and have pretty much everything I need/want so I suppose it'd just be sitting in the bank, but still, must cure this affliction.