Thread: 5.0
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 11:48 PM   #1705 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemers View Post
I'm just weighing all my options if I do this I have one shot at getting it right.
I'd personally go with a Boss 302 over the shelby, but that's just me.

Quote:
On ford racing they have a SC kit that makes 624 HP and is $7500. So I buy a 5.0 w/ brembo and a 3.73 limited slip rear axle and get them to install that beast it seems to still come out around the same or cheaper than a Shelby.
I'd take the Shelby over /\ that option though.

Quote:
That's where I need a smarter car guy to teach this young padawan learner. What is the best rear setup offered if you were going SC 624 HP?
As m4a1 said, you'll want "longer" gears so you can use put that extra power down, same reasoning why TT Z often switch out to A/T final drive ratios so that they can stay in gear longer.