View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #76 (permalink)
Mike
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 370z
Mike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond reputeMike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I drove the Z06's at Spring mountain and found the car to be VERY forgiving at my skill-level (which means I didn't push it for crap, lol).

I am strongly considering the 370Z in a year or two when I move. Depending on the value of my Z06 and the + equity in it. I could use the extra $$ per month as I plan on buying land and a house, and it sounds like I gain interior, lose power, and break-even on handling.

What's the deal with everyone wrecking their 370Z, though? Noone on the 'vette forums has this problem unless they get T-boned or something by a drunk. You mention the progressive nature of the 370Z's loss of traction, and it makes me wonder what's up.

How does VDC work? Is it anywhere near as good as PTM in the ZR1, or does it compare more to the yaw control in the Z06, or is it worse than both, or better than both, what? I love the nannies in my Z06. I have NEVER FELT them kick in, but I know they have, and that impresses the hell outta me in a 3100# 500+ horsepower car. VERY well managed.
I did spring mountain too, and owned a widebody 05 C6. For me, the Z also feels lighter and nimbler, despite being similar sized (370z vs. std C6: C6 is .6" wider and 7" longer in wheelbase and track, and 24 lbs lighter, so they are pretty similar).

In an earlier thread you mentioned the Z06 being stuck to the road or something like that and forgiving, which is true. The Z is not so much without VDC, especially setup like I have mine to be neutral. But that is what I want in a car, something challenging and fun to drive.

However, keep in mind, I only use mine for the track, and mostly used the corvette for the same.

As for interiors, I actually loved the corvette interior. I stepped up from a 350Z to the C6 and it was a great improvement.

370Z VDC is very similar to 350Z. Its very intrusive. Sometimes I think it could get you killed if you try to pull into traffic too fast. I loved the Comp mode on the corvette, I used it all the time on track. I'd never dream of leaving the VDC on in the Z, even in the rain. (which is extremely challenging in the Z)