View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #75 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I drove the Z06's at Spring mountain and found the car to be VERY forgiving at my skill-level (which means I didn't push it for crap, lol).

I am strongly considering the 370Z in a year or two when I move. Depending on the value of my Z06 and the + equity in it. I could use the extra $$ per month as I plan on buying land and a house, and it sounds like I gain interior, lose power, and break-even on handling.

What's the deal with everyone wrecking their 370Z, though? Noone on the 'vette forums has this problem unless they get T-boned or something by a drunk. You mention the progressive nature of the 370Z's loss of traction, and it makes me wonder what's up.

How does VDC work? Is it anywhere near as good as PTM in the ZR1, or does it compare more to the yaw control in the Z06, or is it worse than both, or better than both, what? I love the nannies in my Z06. I have NEVER FELT them kick in, but I know they have, and that impresses the hell outta me in a 3100# 500+ horsepower car. VERY well managed.
I really think most of these accidents with the 370z have as much to do with young kids/first manual rwd sports car people/immaturity/stupidity as much as anything else. Average age of vette owners is a bit higher and therefore, generally speaking, a more mature crowd of folks (I said generally).

As far a VDC, I can't compare it to the vette's tcs, BUT I'm very confident in guessing that you'll find it intrusive and if you do track the Z, you'll have to turn it off like most everyone else on here that tracks does.

that said, for the price and what it is, if you can live w/o the 500hp, you should enjoy the car.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote