View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 11:33 PM   #73 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
Yes, but the Z06 is also known to be a very challenging car at the limit as once you exceed it's limits, it lets go very quickly. The Z is much more progressive despite a shorter wheelbase.

With sport package wheels and tires, the Z definitely feels glued to the road. I don't feel like the seating position in the Z is as low as the Z06, but the Z can pull similar skid pad G forces if that means anything.
I drove the Z06's at Spring mountain and found the car to be VERY forgiving at my skill-level (which means I didn't push it for crap, lol).

I am strongly considering the 370Z in a year or two when I move. Depending on the value of my Z06 and the + equity in it. I could use the extra $$ per month as I plan on buying land and a house, and it sounds like I gain interior, lose power, and break-even on handling.

What's the deal with everyone wrecking their 370Z, though? Noone on the 'vette forums has this problem unless they get T-boned or something by a drunk. You mention the progressive nature of the 370Z's loss of traction, and it makes me wonder what's up.

How does VDC work? Is it anywhere near as good as PTM in the ZR1, or does it compare more to the yaw control in the Z06, or is it worse than both, or better than both, what? I love the nannies in my Z06. I have NEVER FELT them kick in, but I know they have, and that impresses the hell outta me in a 3100# 500+ horsepower car. VERY well managed.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 10-11-2011 at 11:37 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote