View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Will's Zee
Base Member

Drives: 2011 370Z Sport
Will's Zee is on a distinguished road

As I've done
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunNgun View Post
This scares me. You gave them money and dont even know if you have the loan yet? This enables them to basically claim whatever they want. I actually signed about 6 papers, the usual paperwork if you have ever purchased a car before, detailing my interest rate, my total interest payments, the MSRP, the price they were selling it for, my trade in allowance, etc etc. EVERYTHING. And they still found a way to act like it was all just "temporary" paperwork.

The first call was straight from the scammers playbook. "Hello Mr. Smith, how are you today? Good good, hey we just need you to come down to the dealership and finalize some paperwork so we can get this deal completed".

I had already had the car for a week!! As far as I was concerned the deal was done, what else could there be? When I asked he then said "Well, your financing fell through, and we couldnt get you approved for the loan you wanted. But dont worry we have another excellent loan from another bank for just 1% more than your previous".

My face instantly turned red and I was fuming. I said "Well I am really disappointed to hear that. I am going to seek legal council before further contact". I then hit the internet, my lawyer contact, and grabbed all the paperwork I had signed. Sure enough they had me, minus the fact that there was some flaws in the paperwork voiding the whole thing. It turns out I dont have to agree to a change in interest rate of course, so they were basically withdrawing their offer, rather than me having to break it.

I didnt even bother trying to get another loan because I was so pissed. They then knocked off another 2k or so from the selling price to get me back to my original payment figure, but I said no deal, because I didnt trust them with my signature anymore. Kinda sucks because I walked away from the car, but I was honestly too scared to give them 1 penny at that point. I got my deposit back and left.

Wow crazy stuff. To be perfectly honest I've bought several cars from dealers and I've never heard of anything like that were the loan fell through after you already have the car. I would think that would be the case before the buyer takes the car? Yeah ur right I could have not left the small deposit before getting the approval but took the chance as I've done in the past. I think I would have done the same and walked out on them because I. Wouldn't trust them as I did with the first dealer. Anyway, just got the call that loan was approved for a good rate and will pick up the Z on Saturday morning. I also have an accord but man I am so looking forward to the Zeeee By the way are you still on the market for another Z?

Last edited by Will's Zee; 10-11-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Will's Zee is offline   Reply With Quote