View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

I love brake squeal and all that. Anything thats race like I love. I guess my passion runs deeper than most.

I have the HP+ and do like them. They are dusty and that doesn't bother me either. They work great for DD and spirited days. But I just had my first track day a couple weeks ago and the did start to lightly score the rotors. That was on a track that wasn't brake intensive. So I could easily see on a course that requires more braking and with a more experience driver that uses threshold braking technique to the fullest that your rotors would be tore up.

I myself am about to get some Carbotech XP 8's for my next track next month. They should be perfect for I'll be running a street tire (RE 11's) and they shouldnt over work the tire as I have heard the XP 10's do.