View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
SnakeBitten
Base Member

Drives: 05 DBZ M6
SnakeBitten will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly yellow View Post
I understand and appreciate a lot of British humor. I think that's because when I was growing up my mother watched a ton of "Fawltey Towers", and Monty Python. My mother must have been British in another life. She knows everything about British Royalty and has read every Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie novel at least 10 times each. Ironically she has never been to Great Britain.

British television basically wipes the floor with American television. The filmography in Top Gear is some of the best I have ever seen, same goes for their version of "The Apprentice". It's like watching a movie. It's also pretty ironic that some of our best rated shows, American Idol, America's Got Talent, and the Office are all British spin offs. Two of my all time favorite movies are also British, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Shaun of the Dead. I will say that "Layer Cake" went a bit over my head. The accents were a little too thick.
You bring back memories with Fawlty Towers....I also watched alot of Mr. Bean and Desmonds. Also a Chef comedy show that I forgot the full name or was it just Chef? I much prefer the British version of shows as well but that could be that Im from a former british colony lol....Lock Stock was great too.

You cant take Clarkson seriously or else you will end up hating the man like Chubbs lol...Its entertainment with an automotive twist. Only thing of merit to the enthusiast is the Stigs segment. If you want real Automotive feedback look no further than Tiff Needell on Fifth Gear. That mans word is gospel. I think you guys will love his review on the Z.