View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
fly yellow
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 yellow 370z
fly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond repute

I understand and appreciate a lot of British humor. I think that's because when I was growing up my mother watched a ton of "Fawltey Towers", and Monty Python. My mother must have been British in another life. She knows everything about British Royalty and has read every Sherlock Holmes and Agatha Christie novel at least 10 times each. Ironically she has never been to Great Britain.

British television basically wipes the floor with American television. The filmography in Top Gear is some of the best I have ever seen, same goes for their version of "The Apprentice". It's like watching a movie. It's also pretty ironic that some of our best rated shows, American Idol, America's Got Talent, and the Office are all British spin offs. Two of my all time favorite movies are also British, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Shaun of the Dead. I will say that "Layer Cake" went a bit over my head. The accents were a little too thick.