View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Now I've searched both this forum and the better half of the Internet and unfortunately I still do not understand fully how, exactly, Synchro Rev Matching works. Does it automatically blip the throttle for me in every situation? I mean, if I downshift from fourth to second in order to induce some compression and henceforth slow down the car while, let's say, going down a hill or into a highway off-ramp, will it automatically blip the throttle for me to keep the car from jerking around, like you would? When I downshift from sixth to third in order to accelerate, will me smashing the gas as I let off the clutch override the rev correction the SRM system does?
The SRM will work in ANY downshift situation to match the revs. You won't 'mash' the accelerator fast enough to throw off SRM. As soon as you bring the gear shifter out of one gear, you get an initial blip to get the revs spinning faster. As you then bring the shifter into the lower gear, the car will immediately match the revs for the lower gear (and hold them if you are slow on releasing the clutch).

I suppose you could theoretically screw up the SRM by never letting off the accelerator when you downshift. You'd just hit the rev limiter as you clutch and declutch...not sure why you would do that though.

Bottom line...go drive the car and it will all make sense.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote