Thread: 2011 Pricing
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
scottIN
Track Member

Drives: '12 370Z
scottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond reputescottIN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmjaxx9 View Post
How much are you planning to get on your trade in?
Yeah, w/o knowing what your trade is worth, kinda hard to figure pricing...

Go to KBB, NADA and Edmunds and figure out what your trade is worth (with all the options you have, condition, location, etc.). If you take an average of those 3, you're normally pretty close. Then go to ebay and look at recent sales of similar mileage cars and see how close they are. Should be about $1500-$2000 over what a dealer will offer you.

When buying, selling, or trading a car, all the info is out there, you just have to do your homework.

Anyone else remember the little Kelly Bluebooks? My dad had dealer friends when I was growing up ('70s) and I can remember him borrowing them. Those were ONLY for dealers at the time - now anyone can get that info (along with what a dealer pays for the car). There are no mysteries in cars anymore - it's all out there.
scottIN is offline   Reply With Quote