View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 04:17 AM   #80 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonp View Post
Does it bother anyone else that some cars never have the problem, and some have it pretty bad? Since we have the fortunate example of the same driver of a 2009 without and a 2011 with, it seems like there must something fairly significant different in individual engines to cause this.
Like the oil consumption issue... I think there's just a little too much variance in how the engines are being assembled.

Throw in the different theories and applications of break-in procedures and there you go...

Nissan's are pretty well built -- but they ain't quite Toyota or Honda just yet.

Hmm. Even though I don't desperately need it... after all this talk, now I want a Nissan oil cooler too. Wah.

BTW, go to the consumer page for NissanUSA (the link above just forwards matters like this to them anyway) if you want to email them -- just did that myself.

Link--> http://www.nissanusa.com/apps/contactus

Last edited by Jordo!; 10-10-2011 at 04:35 AM.