View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_370 View Post
I want an exhaust that has a real good throaty sound to it but not like real loud like the gthaus.. does the intake really make much of a difference? ive heard that drop ins are just as good.. I mean i came from a wrx so this is all new to me.. and is a tune is necessary to make good use of these mods
what year WRX you coming from?

Tune is not needed the way they are on a WRX. You might pick up a few horses from a tune, but it will likely not be a huge gain.

I would pass on the G3s personally. I thought the post-MAFs offered gains that were close enough. Lots of guys run them and are very happy with them though.

I think the Invidia is probably in line with what you are looking for. Deeper and throatier, but not obnoxious.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote