View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #59 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
I don't blame you for complaining as I have plenty of gripes over Nissan myself, and I have owned plenty of Nissans myself (I just recently had my $30 oil change taken away because I was 8 miles over the contract). I just think you are barking up the wrong tree and are getting too worked up over nothing. If you are consistently getting into limp mode, then yes I would be pissed and it is tough to swallow paying that $600. I just think it isn't as big of a problem as you think as most people are not going to hit 150mph (the only track that can get that fast are rovals since no tracks in NOrth America will let a stock Z hit 150mph due to the room it needs) nor will they hit limp mode everyday on their way to work. Where do you stop? Are you going to recall every car for fuel starvation too? I would argue that's a bigger issue and it can be a safety thing, same with the inaccurate fuel gauge.

Since this is turning into a Mustang forum, what about guys who bought a 2010 and got a 4.6L motor? Should they recall their cars and install a 5.0? I just don't think any manufactures are going to risk that much unless it is safety.
on t

I would be curious to see what kind of cooler is it, I am willing to bet it is an oil warmer on the oil filter.

Really dude??? Are truely serious with this comparison???? Are you like 23 or something that basic business sense doesn't quite compute yet? I don't see 350z owners asking for VQ37HR's. I just see some of us asking for a $400 retail part to be OFFERED as a part at the dealership FOR PURCHASE that will be covered under the remainder of our powertain warranties or give us 12/12 on the part for cars with 60/120k miles.

AND YOU'RE WRONG! BMW RETROFITTED FREE OIL COOLERS ON 07 AND 08 3 SERIES. SO A CAR COMPANY DID DO IT. Ithose years the average 3 series purchase cost 38 to 44k. The same range most of us are buying Z's

I'M NOT EXPECTING Nissan to go above and beyond and give out 45k units in free oil coolers "LIKE BMW DID IN 08". And the 3 series is not considered a sports car. I would just like the option to purchase one with some protection for my 38k purchase. Do you buy a computer with the 3 year protection plan? They need to offer this part because my ADDING THE OIL COOLER IN 2012. NISSAN IS BASICALLY ADMITTING THEY "FVVKD UP. So they can at least come half correct?

IN REALITY. I'm going FI. The nissan issue oil cooler will probably be to small for the added power. I will most likely need more rows than they will offer. Its just about being good businessmen and offering a RETROFIT for for a fee on their high performance vehicle.