View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #171 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Z1 View Post
No offense to anyone.... but I think the dislike or seeming hatred to the younger crowd owning Z's is still comical.

Years ago when I purchased my Z32, I went on a cruise (at age 15) with a group of Ga Z Car Club guys. Most of which were doctors, businessmen, etc (35+ yrs olds). Since I was 15, mom had to tag along due to driving laws. At one point in the cruise we stopped for a break and I got out of the car to snap pictures of the caravan. A group of the drivers in the group approached my mom asking, "So you are letting junior drive your car for the weekend?".

My mom smuggly replied..."no, this is junior's car".

After that not a SINGLE one of the Ga Z Car members would talk to me until they figured out I knew what I was doing and was not some punk kid.

Just because a younger driver has a Z, does not mean that they will not take care of and respect the car as much as an older individual. Regardless of how they came to afford the car.

My parents were nice enough to agree to match whatever I saved up (100%) to help me purchase my first car. I was lucky to find a rare Z32 for a decent price.