View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 07:57 AM   #32 (permalink)
emx620
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z
emx620 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by My_third_Z View Post
In no way am I going to pretend I don't speed. In fact, if I'm on the interstate I'm going a good bit over the speed limit. But, you better believe if/when I get a ticket and have some points on my license, it's definitely going to stop. In no way would I continue to speed knowing that another ticket could put me in jeopardy of losing my right to drive.
Everyone screws up at some point. The question is whether you learn your lesson before the consequences get severe. To the OP...don't do the crime if you can't do the time. The only reason I speed so much now is because I don't have any points on my license, and financially I'm in the position to pay the penalty if I get caught. Good luck.
I completely agree. In Texas, you can do defensive driving and get a ticket off your record, but only once once every 12 months. So, I speed and continue to speed responsibly (e.g. I'm not doing 90mph in neighborhoods). If I get a ticket, my speeding will stop as I don't need/want tickets on my driving record until I'm eligible for defensive driving again .