View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tommy G
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z PW MT6 SPT
Tommy G is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbagandu View Post
So far my only plans are the usual Bolt-ons plus an Uprev tune.

I have already decided that if I ever need major work done under warranty, everything will be reverted to stock before taking it to a dealer.

So my question is can I leave my mods on if I am just going in for regular maintenance and nothing is broken? Can they void my warranty simply because they see mods on my car, even though nothing is wrong?
If you search around on the forum there are a lot of threads on the legality of the mods/warranty. I have had my car in under warranty with my intakes and oil cooler with no problem. I told the dealer I am installing a CBE and they said this also would not be a problem. They did caution me against installing the headers until the warranty runs out because this could cause issues. I personally don't understand what the big fuss was over the headers but this isn't a problem for me because my warranty runs out next spring and I am going to put the car in the garage for the winter in about a month.

The long and short of it is it depends on the dealer that you use and whether or not the mods caused a problem. For routine maintenance they shouldn't bother you.
Injen Long Tubes|FI TDX CBE#374|B&M Short Throw Shifter|Nismo Polished Aluminum Knob|Stillen 19 Row Oil Cooler|20% Tint with Front Windshield Strip|Michelin Pilot Super Sport
Tommy G is offline   Reply With Quote