Thread: RIP Steve Jobs.
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #39 (permalink)
370zFORme!!
Premium Member

Drives: 2012 6MT STiffy
370zFORme!! is a name known to all370zFORme!! is a name known to all370zFORme!! is a name known to all370zFORme!! is a name known to all370zFORme!! is a name known to all370zFORme!! is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkZide View Post
He wasn't even innovative. The majority of the technology apple used was stolen or licensed from other companies (typically stolen). The only patents they have are for silly things like the general shape of a device. I could go on and on about why this is being blown way out of proportion but in the end it doesnt matter.
Quote:
Couldnt be further from the truth, actually. In the early days MS bought or licensed most things, and today hold thousands of patents on actual technological innovations. Not the shape of a device like Apple who basically stole 98% of what they have done.

Not to mention selling you less than brand name computer parts for 10 times the markup that comes loaded with an insecure and featureless (compared to windows) operating system. Real innovative.
Quote:
Try working in the industry and having people non-stop saying crap like "why do i have to use XYZ my iXYZ is ten times better" only to explain to them why its not better, and why it cant function at all outside of browing the internet or playing angry birds, only for them to give you a blank stare and tell you that you dont know what you are doing because they should get to use (inferior, insecure, unreliable) apple stuff at work.

Then multiply that by 10000 times over the past few years.
Quote:
riiiiiiiiight. Keep telling yourself that.
87' Honda Civic Hatchback: Kaput @ 288,000 miles, 90' Toyota Celica: Kaput @ 175,000 miles, 93' Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4: Kaput @ 138,000 miles, 06' Scion Tc: Traded in @ 64,000 miles, 10' Nissan 370z: Traded in @ 25,000 miles, 12' Subaru Impreza Sti: Current.
370zFORme!! is offline   Reply With Quote