View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #54 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunNgun View Post
Also sucks that some people are misquoting my specs and then everyone else is just going on that false information. I never said I wanted nav. Nor did I want touring. I thought I could factory build a Z and have the leather seats thrown in without a package. I thought you could do this with any manufacturer. I guess Nissan doesnt, and you have no choice but to get packages. When I said I wanted backup cam I meant the little mirror backup camera thing, not the full in dash LCD system. The idea was that MSRP would be something like 36.5k (if I could selectively add something like leather and nothing else) and then hold back + dealer incentives + end of year buying freeze + mysterious unknown profit margins might = $2000 off cost and dealer makes like $300 from me.

So I think ultimately it will come down to a debate between touring or sports. Comfort vs style. Does anyone have any experience riding the base vs touring model Z? Is there a noticeable difference without lumbar support and leather? Do you like to adjust your seats depending on driving style?
imo the touring pkg isn't worth it, but sports pkg probably is.

I've driven mine (base/base) and someone else's (sports/touring). The base seats are more comfy imo, although they don't have seat heaters. The touring stereo has bose, but I don't think it's all that much better than base, which is to say that both suck. The sports package will give you better brakes, a limited slip diff, and some minor but costly visual upgrades, plus SRM.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote