View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 02:17 PM   #53 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunNgun View Post
Also sucks that some people are misquoting my specs and then everyone else is just going on that false information. I never said I wanted nav. Nor did I want touring. I thought I could factory build a Z and have the leather seats thrown in without a package. I thought you could do this with any manufacturer. I guess Nissan doesnt, and you have no choice but to get packages. When I said I wanted backup cam I meant the little mirror backup camera thing, not the full in dash LCD system. The idea was that MSRP would be something like 36.5k (if I could selectively add something like leather and nothing else) and then hold back + dealer incentives + end of year buying freeze + mysterious unknown profit margins might = $2000 off cost and dealer makes like $300 from me.

So I think ultimately it will come down to a debate between touring or sports. Comfort vs style. Does anyone have any experience riding the base vs touring model Z? Is there a noticeable difference without lumbar support and leather? Do you like to adjust your seats depending on driving style?
You also mention TTL and all other fees which is gonna be around $2k which you want the dealer to eat. That hardly seems reasonable or profitable to ANY dealership. I'm not trying to be negative or anything, just trying to be realistic. By the way, that price is pretty close to what I paid for my 09 Touring w/o the sports package. No incentives and it was the first year run, so I think I got a pretty good deal considering.

The base seats aren't too bad, but the touring package does make a world of difference if your driving the Z every day. I guess it depends on what your plans are for the car. If you plan on using it as a DD, I would lean towards the Touring. If you plan on driving it on the weekends or the occassional track day, the Sports Package would be more suitable.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote