View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 08:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

The issues I have are just annoyances (some that can be fixed for adjustments), but this is my only car and it is a daily driver. Being that, I'm still driving it. Most of the time it is not notchy, but either the CSC is not throwing far enough or the clutch disc is dragging is when it's notchy. Of course, this is isolated to the South Bend and ZSpeed combo. At least it's not impossible to drive the car, and I can still enjoy it 95% of the time. In the 350Z, the notchiness was permanent regardless of how fast or slow I'm shifting. This is leagues better.

IMO, sports cars like ours should require oil coolers from the factory (like the 335i, and I think Mustang Boss 302?).

As for bogging at low revs, it's due in part to throttle response changing (i.e., it doesn't open up as much or fast enough at the same pedal position) after the car has been driven for awhile. It comes and goes, but it doesn't make the car impossible to drive. It just requires pressing the pedal down a bit more. All I'd like to see from Nissan is an ECU program that retains consistency and bring back the neck snapping response from the 350Z.