View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lemers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 Traverse LTZ
Lemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond reputeLemers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Grinding into 5th?

So I've had my Z for about 1.5 years and 18000 miles, so I believe I know when it is different.

I went TDY and while I was gone my wife took my Z to the dealer to get the oil change. Since the car was over 15000 miles they sold her on the whole service. Which is fine. Anyways when I got back and driving the car around I notice that every once in a while when I shift into 5th I get a "loose grinding feel". It's not the normal grinding I get when I miss a shift it's almost more of a crunching feel than grinding.

I took it in today because I felt that it was some sort of adjustment thingfrom the service. The car is under warranty and I didn't thing much of it. Well the service rep started going through everything that they did in the last service in order to claim that they didn't do anything to the trans or clutch.

Now it's starting to bother me cause I wasn't an azz customer I didnt yell bla or complain. I simply described the problem and when it started. I felt like it was her trying to put it back on me for grinding my gears and defend their dealership fromaybe causing the problem.

Just fix my damn car and there won't be any problems.

2010 Black Cherry Touring/Sport/Nav Now - 2012 Travese LTZ until I leave for Turkey
Lemers is offline   Reply With Quote