View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #117 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

Just this morning I bounced off the limiter in 1st and shifted to 2nd fairly quickly - for research purposes, of course - and I didn't see any issue. I think my 370Z tranny is slicker than my 350Z ('08) was but certainly nothing to write home about. But it gets the job done so long as you aren't expecting F1 style shift speeds.

It's subjective what "fast shifting" is - I can shift much faster than I actually do. That's because I would not expect a transmission to last long shifted abusively (i.e. as quickly as possible, at redline) at all. I also don't slam the clutch to the floor. I've never had a problem with my CSC yet either - and I hope I never do.

I think there are people with legitimate complaints who got shitty trannies, bad service work, etc. and I think there are other people who abuse the transmission and don't see why it doesn't hold together, and then there are other people who don't really have a problem other than the charmingly clanky/clunky transmission that Nissan wanted all of us to get - the clank and clunk and clutch chatter and throwout bearing noise are all stuff that the recent Z cars have had so I'm used to it, you can mostly drive around it, and it's generally a non-issue in any kind of performance driving conditions.

Edit: Not me, but I think this guy is "doing it right." He complains about people saying he's shifting too slow... Seems like it's about right to me, unless I've got a tranny shop sponsoring me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gebiUvBlxA

Last edited by Davey; 10-05-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote