View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 08:20 PM   #115 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
I find myself shifting slower and not wanting to rev the car out as much so I don't notice these problems as much.
These things don't like fast shifting. There were a few members who are great at quick shifting to get the best times, but end up replacing the transmission at least once. You're right, you gotta be nice and it'll let you get through the gate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
In the past, I've read that other than syncro rev match, the tranny's were virtually the same between the late model 350Z and the 370Z. Can't find a source though.
The latest is CD -009. When the 350Z transmission was replaced in '06, I think it was a CD -006.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbagandu View Post
...I kinda feel some vibration in the clutch pedal just after I start moving and have the clutch pedal almost fully released. is this a problem?
Slight vibration is normal. If the car shakes, that's clutch judder. It was bad out of the box, and 16k miles later the CSC needed replacement. The judder was virtually gone afterwards. With the aftermarket clutch and CSC, the car would judder quite a bit. It seems to get better the more I drive it, and engagements are getting smoother.

I'll get back with you guys after my next oil change (1k miles). In the meantime, I'm feathering the clutch more often to "bed" it. Hopefully it doesn't necessitate replacing the disc.