View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 12:56 PM   #39 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyG View Post
Washing your car once a week is a bit much. The less rubbing on your car the better. Once new a guy who had a black 350z who washed it twice a week, car looked brown.
I would have to respectfully disagree with you. It's not about how many times you wash your car or how often, it's how you wash it and how you protect the paint. For example, if you apply a high quality wax regularly and wash the car twice a week, it won't mess up the paint, it will help preserve it. On the other hand, if you wash twice a week with some cheap car shampoo or dish soap, without ever putting wax on the car, then yes, you will cause damage to the clear coat. Proper washing techique is key. Twice a week is bit much, I agree, but if you do it right, it is certainly won't cause damage like you've seen. I lived in Buffalo for a few years, so I certainly understand why he would wash it twice a week. The salt from plowing in the winter does a lot more damage if you let it linger.

Last edited by Cmike2780; 10-05-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote