View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #122 (permalink)
ZzzZz
Base Member

Drives: PG370, MT
ZzzZz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Tam I am View Post
See my sig for my mods. Handling is exceptional, power is not, just good.

RE: There is some sort of manufactured artificial feel to it that makes me feel disconnected from the road and driving experience.

Take the condom off. Turn off the VDC.

RE: Smooth roads are great but... There is a general lack of suspension/chassis tuning and refinement on non-smooth roads.

I am part of a Ferrari group. Your complaints are the same in a Ferrari, except refinement and they won't turn off their traction control. So this car is not for you either.

RE:
..... This 370z, while super quick and precise, feels cold - almost ghostly.

...... There's just a certain numbness and fakeness to it. I'm not sure if its the suspension or chassis tuning, engine/throttle response.

..... Something's missing... like the body is there but the soul is not.

A lady in the Ferrari group owns a 430 a 458 and another 458 on order, a Lamborghini 670 SV and more, including a GTR as her daily driver. A very impressive list. I asked her about the GTR and if she felt it soulless (my experience). She laughed and said no.

A few weeks later, she thanks me, then tells me she bought a 370Z and loves it. It has all the things the OP ( ZzZZz) says it doesn't. Now it is her daily driver.

RE: Or is it really just me?!

I believe both you and the other ladies experiences. I just do not think you are cut out for a modern sports car. Perhaps an older one is more to your liking. They tend to have soul and lots of character. My XKE has everything you want, including an unbelievable smooth ride. No ABS no nannies. Total connectivity.

Good luck.
The fact that Nissan got it to where a driver coming from a Ferrari would say that speaks volumes. The 370z is just so close to being perfect and it's all the little things that's holding it back. That's the disappointment.

More solid motor mounts, smoother, quicker and smoother shifting transmission, suspension tuning, engine note, throttle response, removing the clutch pedal spring, lighter flywheel and pulleys, etc. I don't think it's all that difficult or unreliable for Nissan to tighten up this type of stuff. Whether it be a business decision or that someone from the dept. of luxury engineering got their hands on it mucked it up, it wasn't a great decision.

I understand that's where modding comes in but it should come from the factory a sports car and not a more "sportified G37 coupe".

Last edited by ZzzZz; 10-05-2011 at 12:50 PM.