View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
I heard there is an extended throw csc in the works that might fix the issue. I'm not going to try it, Nissan sucks and I'm probably not going to buy any other nissan...ever...except maybe a GT-R down the line. Terrible experience and they have officially lost a customer.
Have you listened to the GT-R transmission? It's not quiet. I revved it in neutral and can hear the clunking sound off throttle. Hopefully it does well in the long run...

You're right... it really spoils the fun in driving. It was worse in the '03 350Z with transmission replaced in '06. I couldn't get in gear at high revs, so it was embarrassing. It clunks so much, and it is so notchy my wrists hurt from shifting.

The 370Z transmission is an improvement, but still gets notchy and clunky (in 1st) at times. The master and slave cylinders... not so much. I don't track my car and already have issues.

I'm hoping Zat_Zuma's advice is enough to get rid of these hiccups and hopefully be able to shift into 2nd at WOT.